Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Letter to the Editor

Daniel Young
700 College Place
Williamsport, PA 17701


March 24, 2015
Dean Baquet, Executive Editor
New York Times
620 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY, 10018

Dear Dean Baquet,
I am writing this letter to express my concerns about the amount of jobs that Coca Cola will be cutting in the next year.
I have been an avid Coke drinker for years and I can understand that new competition in health drink choices has caused some sales decrease over the past year; however, I do not think it would be a good decision to cut as many jobs as Coke is. Not only will the lives of the people who are being cut  be dramatically affected, but also the lives of their family and friends.
I can understand and appreciate that Coca Cola feels threatened by the new healthy drink products offered. It is also reasonable that Coca Cola feels the need to make some changes in their business market in order to compensate for sales lost. It is my hope that Coca-Cola will try to create a more healthy drink option similar to the one mentioned at the end of your article. It is my belief that if Coca-Cola showed a little more enthusiasm in this field, that they will be able to compete the healthy drink options and potentially have more jobs to fill. This way Coca-Cola could save the jobs they threaten to terminate, create healthier options for the world, and possibly create new jobs.
Sincerely,
Dan Young


No comments:

Post a Comment